Friday, May 20, 2011

Black Dice Live @ Secret Project Robot

 Secret Project Robot set the scene for this awesome event on July 7th, 2010. It was literally the hottest day of the summer in NYC. So hot in fact that I stayed outside while Grouper was playing and listened from behind the venue. The stuff they were playing sounded like shitty, knock-off Black Dice songs anyway. About halfway through Grouper's set we saw the members of Black Dice go outside. I don't know what they were doing, probably just talking, but they were out there until they went on. Apparently they didn't care too much for Grouper either...
 When we went inside we noticed that Avey Tare was in the audience. To be honest, when I was in high school I met him at a Deer Hunter/ Dan Deacon/ No Age show and kinda acted like a weirdo. I think he recognized me and tried to avoid me. Maybe he just saw my eternal awe of him in my eyes. I would have done the same thing. About 5 minutes standing in the venue and I started sweating profusely. By the time Black Dice was done playing my hands were pruned like I had just taken a shower... except it was sweat. Still managed to get some sick video, enjoy:





After wards Wolf Eyes played. This was the first time I saw, or even heard of them. They were awesome. I've never seen things done with a sax like that. Also some drugged out woman got naked and danced on top of an amp. It was quite a sight. If my camera didn't die I would have gotten it for you guys. Oh well...

No comments:

Post a Comment